The following are eligibility requirements for employment as a School District of Pickens County bus driver:
Drivers are responsible for obtaining a South Carolina Department of Transportation physical and proof of a clear tuberculosis test completed within the last 12 months. Copies of the applicant's official birth certificate, Social Security card, and driver's license are also required.
Classes for Bus Drivers
All classes for SDPC are conducted at the Transportation Services facility located at 1400 Griffin Mill Road, Easley, SC 29640. All classes are 8:30 am -2:30 pm. The next class will be held:
March 10 thru 13, 2014
Pre-registration is required by filling out the first three documents listed below under "Required Documents for Bus Drivers". Attach a copy of your current driver's license and return to Transportation Services.
Required Documents for Bus Drivers
The first three documents need to be completed and should be returned prior to the start of class to SDPC Student Transportation Services, 1400 Griffin Mill Rd, Easley, SC 29640:
- Application for Prospective Bus Drivers
- Driver Information & Evaluation
- School Bus Driver Training and Admission Record
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Checklist
- Bus Driver Application and Licensing Procedure
Bus Companions ride on special needs buses to assist bus drivers with the students. This is a temporary position without insurance or retirement benefits. Qualifications for a bus companion include:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- A Work Keys certificate with at least a Bronze level or complete a bus driving training class.
- Be able to pass a physical performance test
- All applicants are subject to a SLED check of criminal history and any other checks required by law or deemed necessary by the employer
- Proof of a clear tuberculosis test completed within the last 12 months.
- Copies of the applicant's official birth certificate, Social Security card, and driver's license are also required.
- Application for Prospective Bus Companions